We made several minor releases in the last two months. The latest release version is 0.9.125 which is now available for download. Here is a list of some of the key features and bug fixes added recently.
More flexible Examples tables for data-driven tests on the details page
Examples table now supports pagination, sorting of columns and text search.
Better handling of foreign characters in reports
Reports now display non-English characters properly.
Test results can be downloaded
The main report page now has a link to download test results in CSV format.
Fluent field entry using into a WebElementFacade
A new method has been added to provide a more fluid way to enter data in a web element facade. The following code snippet will explain.
... page.enter("some value").into(facade); ...
Support for GivenStories in jBehave stories
GivenStories keyword can now be used in .story files.
GivenStories is used to specify pre-requisites for a story in jBehave. This is a very useful feature of jBehave that helps organize the stories better and reduces duplication. See here for examples.
Filter tests by tag in jUnit
You can now filter tests by tag while running Thucydides. This can be achieved by providing a single tag or a comma separated list of tags from command line. If provided, only classes and/or methods with tags in this list will be executed.
mvn verify -Dtags="iteration:I1"
mvn verify -Dtags="color:red,flavor:strawberry"
Support for jUnit Assumptions
If steps include junit style
assumptions, then those steps where the conditions under assumptions fail are marked as PENDING instead of ERROR. Subsequent steps are also marked as PENDING.
- Thucydides-146: Fixed a bug that caused chromedriver to fail with error message “Error communicating with the remote browser. It may have died” when
@Managed(uniqueSession)was set to true.
- Thucydides-149: Fixed a bug due to which test where no steps were executed due to error was reported as pending in the aggregate report.
- Thucydides-150: Tests where no steps ae executed due to errors now show relevant exception cause in the report. Earlier the test was reported as error but no details were provided.
- Thucydides-152 : XML reports now support UTF-8 encoding.
- Thucydides-155: Fixed a bug that prevented webdriver from correctly restarting for parameterized tests even when
thucydides.restart.browser.frequencyproperty is set to 1
- Thucydides-158 : Fixed a bug that was causing reports to throw errors for data-driven tests when
@TestDatacontained an array.